Support & FAQ

Setting Up a New Case


Click the "New Case" link along the top banner, and complete the initial "Start Your New Case" fields. 



Then click the "Continue" button to complete additional data entry based on your selections.  Click "Save" when done.



For Oregon cases, create a new Divorce case and check the "Legal Separation" box.  Washington legal separations are handled using the mandatory forms.


Legal Separation


MyPleadings gives you the ability for your clients to enter their own basic statistical information.  The first step in this process is to create a new case by clicking 'New Case' and giving the case a name.  At any point after you've named the case, you can select 'Invite Client' from the dropdown menu on the Case Dashboard.  




MyPleadings provides two ways to invite your client.


  • You can enter your client's name and email address and MyPleadings will email a link directly to your client.  We suggest that you notify your client the link has been sent in case it gets caught in a spam filter.
  • You can click 'Generate Link Only', which will create a secure link that you can put in an email to your client.


Client Data Entry links are valid for 10 days.  Your client will be asked to create a password when you first share the link with them.  You can create a new link for your client at any time by repeating the above process.


"Refer to as" is how MyPleadings refers to the parties throughout the system and in the pleadings that you generate.  Husband, Wife, Mother and Father are all designations that can be assigned.  You can select 'Other' if you want to use a different identifier such as first names. When you select 'Other' a text field will appear and you can type in the identifier of your choice.


Refer to As


You can use "Other" to select a different identifier:


Refer to As - Other



UCCJEA inputs consist of three parts:


Dates: Enter the 'Date from' and 'Date to'.  'Date from' will automatically populate as 'Date to' if you add a second date range. Note that the date ranges should be entered from most recent to oldest.


County/Address: Enter the county or address where the children resided during this particular date range.


Caretakers: Identify who a child's caretakers were during a particular date range.


UCCJEA Data Entry

You can add opposing counsel - or any other non-party contact - to your case by selecting the 'Contacts' tab and clicking 'Edit this Case'.



Next, click "Add a Contact to this Case'.



You will then have the option to select an existing Contact or to add a new Contact to your account.  Once you have added a contact once, you can add them to any case in the future without having to re-enter all of their information.


By default, all users can search and access all of a firm's cases unless you restrict someone's access to a case.  However, only your cases appear under 'My Cases'.  The rest of your firm's cases appear under 'Firm Cases'.


Firm cases 


Restricting cases or changing ownership of cases is done by clicking the "Case Access" button then selecting the user whose access you want to restrict.  Note that this option only appears if you have multiple users in the same firm.




Case access screen